Below you will find the simple step by step instructions on how to create an assignment in Microsoft Teams for EDU.
- Navigate to the General channel in the desired classroom, then select Assignments.
- Select Create>Assignment.
- Enter a title for this assignment—this is required.
- Provide more information for the assignment. The following steps are optional:
- Choose multiple classes or individual students in one class to assign to.
- Add additional instructions
- Attach resources to the assignment by selecting Add resources.
During this step, add a document from your personal OneDrive, computer, or create a blank Word (.docx), Excel (.xlsx), or PowerPoint (.pptx) document to hand out to your students.
The default for the file will be Students can’t edit, which means the document is read-only. This is a great option for reference materials.
Select More options > Students edit their own copy if you’d like each student to edit their own document and turn it in for a grade.
- Select a due date and time. For more assignment timeline options, select Edit. Here, you can customize when your assignment will be posted to students and when it will close for turn-ins. By default, no close date will be selected, which allows students to turn in assignments late.
- Select the number of points this assignment is worth if any. You can use points on any number-based scale, including whole numbers of 100, and set your denominator. Examples: 88/100 or decimals 3.7/4.0.
- Select – Add rubric to add a grading rubric.
- Add a category.
5. Select – Assign. Your students will be notified of the new assignment on the day you specified.
6. Select Discard to discontinue work on this assignment or Save to return to the assignment and edit it later.