What is Microsoft Bookings?
Bookings allows customers to schedule times or appointments with others. Bookings sets up a page where your students/customers can choose a service, choose a time, and bookings will schedule that appointment on behalf of the student/customer and also remind the customer via email or via text as the meeting gets closer.
Bookings can be used in EDU for teacher office hours or to schedule a simple 1 on 1 meeting with a colleague, parent or student.
When you schedule a booking, a Microsoft Teams meeting link is automatically added to the email sent to attendees and staff. The beauty of Teams video meetings is that attendees can join from any computer or mobile device, whether or not they have a Teams account.
Below are simple instructions on how to get started.
- Go to your booking calendar and select New Booking. You can also browse staff member schedules and click on any available time.
- Select your Appointment type.
- Fill out the relevant information.
The fields in the form vary slightly depending on the business type selected at setup.
- Add optional reminders. Different messages can be sent to staff and attendees.
- Hit Send in the upper left of the screen… and you’re all set!