Enable Send to OneNote in Outlook
Before you can use Send to OneNote with OneNote for Windows 10, do the following:
- In any recent desktop version of Microsoft Outlook (for example, Outlook 2019 or 2016), click File > Options.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box that opens, in the left sidebar, click Advanced.
- On the right side of the Outlook Options dialog box, scroll down to the Other heading, and then make sure that the check box labeled Use Send to OneNote with OneNote for Windows 10, if available is selected.
- Click OK.
Send Outlook items to OneNote
In your desktop version of Microsoft Outlook (for example, Outlook 2019 or 2016), do the following:
STEP 1: Open the item that you want to send to OneNote by doing either of the following:
- In your Inbox (or any other mailbox folder), double-click to open the email message that you want to send to OneNote.
- In your Calendar, double-click to open the meeting that you want to send to OneNote.
STEP 2: On the ribbon near the top of the currently open message or meeting window, click Send to OneNote.
Note: If you’re sending a meeting invitation to OneNote for which you are the original organizer, the Send to OneNote button will be labeled Meeting Notes instead. You can click either button to continue sending your selected meeting to OneNote.
STEP 3: In the OneNote task pane that appears, select the notebook and the section where you want your selected Outlook item to be saved.