We all have gotten the munchies at one time or another during a Microsoft Teams meeting. Now we can easily suppress the background noise so that others focus on just your voice and not those delicious snacks sitting next to your keyboard.
Here is how to do this:
Set the noise suppression level.
You can change this setting at any time. Once changed, the setting carries over to your next meeting or call.
To affect the noise suppression level for a meeting you’re currently in, use the second procedure.
From the main Teams window
- Select your profile picture at the top right of Teams and then select Settings.
- Select Devices on the left and then, under Noise suppression, select an option.
• Auto (default) The Teams app decides on the best level of noise suppression based on local noise.• High Suppresses all background sound that isn’t speech.Notes:
- For this option, your computer’s processor must support Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2).Enabling this option uses more computer resources.
• Off Noise suppression is disabled. Use this setting for high-fidelity microphones in low noise environments.
From a meeting window
- Select More options in your meeting controls and then select Device settings.
- Under Noise suppression, select an option. (See step 2 above for option descriptions.)