What is Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft Copilot is an AI-powered tool that works across Windows 11, Microsoft 365, and the web browser with Edge and Bing. It uses natural language understanding and large language models to provide you with smart suggestions, assistance, and automation for various tasks. You can access Copilot by clicking on the Copilot icon on the taskbar, or by right-clicking on any text or image on your screen.
How does Microsoft Copilot help you?
Copilot can help you with a wide range of scenarios, such as:
- Writing emails, documents, presentations, and code. Copilot can generate drafts, summaries, outlines, and snippets based on your input or context. For example, you can write a comment describing the logic you want in your code, and Copilot will suggest the code to implement it.
- Searching for information, answers, and products. Copilot can understand your queries and deliver personalized results from the web, your files, photos, contacts, emails, and more. For example, you can ask Copilot to find the best laptop for your budget and preferences, and it will show you a comparison table with relevant features and prices.
- Creating graphics, videos, and audio. Copilot can use AI models to generate stunning visuals, animations, and sounds based on your prompts or inspiration. For example, you can ask Copilot to create a logo for your brand name, and it will show you several options to choose from.
- Automating tasks and workflows. Copilot can help you save time and effort by performing actions for you or creating scripts and macros. For example, you can ask Copilot to schedule a meeting with your team, send a reminder email, and create an agenda document.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft Copilot is designed to make your life easier and more productive by:
- Reducing the need for switching between apps or tabs. Copilot works seamlessly across your PC and the web, so you can access everything you need in one place.
- Enhancing your creativity and learning. Copilot can help you explore new ideas, discover new possibilities, and learn new skills with AI guidance and feedback.
- Respecting your privacy and security. Copilot uses encryption and anonymization to protect your data and preferences. It also filters out common vulnerable coding patterns and blocks suggestions matching public code.
How can you get started with Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft Copilot will be available as part of the free update to Windows 11 starting Sept. 26. You can also use it in Microsoft 365 or in the web browser with Edge and Bing. To learn more about Microsoft Copilot and its features, visit this page.