The Zoom for PowerPoint is a new feature that not too many know about. Zoom can help make your presentation more dynamic. Zoom allows you to jump to and from specific slides, sections, and portions of your presentation in an order you decide while you’re presenting. Zoom for PowerPoint is available on Windows—in Office 365 and PowerPoint 2019. Below are some simple steps on how to set up Zoom:
- To add a Zoom, go to Insert > Zoom.
- To summarize the entire presentation on one slide, choose Summary Zoom
- To show selected slides only, choose Slide Zoom
- To show a single section only, choose Section Zoom
A Summary Zoom is like a landing page where you can see the pieces of your presentation all at once. When you’re presenting, you can use the Zoom to go from one place in your presentation to another in any order you like. You can get creative, skip ahead, or revisit pieces of your slide show without interrupting the flow of your presentation.
- Go to Insert > Zoom.
- Select Summary Zoom.
- The Summary Zoom dialog box opens.
- Select slides you want to include in your Summary Zoom. These become the first slides of your Summary Zoom sections. To learn more about using sections in PowerPoint, see Organize your PowerPoint slides into sections.
If you already have sections in your presentation, the first slide of each section is preselected by default. If you don’t want to include certain sections in your Zoom, deselect them. Then, if you want PowerPoint to get rid of any sections you didn’t include in your Summary Zoom, clear the check box next to Keep unused sections in your presentation. Don’t worry—the slides in the sections you’re discarding will still be part of your presentation.
Once you’ve selected all the slides you want to use for your Summary Zoom, select Insert. Your Summary Zoom is created, and it appears as a new slide just before the first slide you included in your Summary Zoom.