The OneNote team recently released Dark Mode for OneNote in Windows 10. You can now go easy on your eyes in low light by switching to Dark Mode for improved readability or just personal preference. Dark mode provides tons of value including a better contrast that can reduce eye strain.
Turn Dark Mode on or off
In OneNote for Windows 10, follow these simple steps:
- In the upper right corner of the app window, click the Settings and More button , click Settings, and then click Options.
- In the Options pane that opens, under Color, do one of the following:
- Select Light to use OneNote in its default Light Mode.
- Select Dark to use OneNote in Dark Mode.
- Select Use my Windows Mode if you want OneNote to inherit your existing color preference setting from Windows 10.
Note: To view or change your current Windows 10 color setting, click Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors, and then select your preference from the Choose your color menu.