Keeping students, teachers, or employees engaged in specific work-related tasks can be challenging. Microsoft Teams recently released a new Praise tool, that gives you the ability to recognize someone in your work team publicly so all team members can see.
Follow these simple steps below to give praise:
- Step 1: Open up Microsoft Teams and go to a team.
- Step 2: Pick the channel where you would like to acknowledge the person you are about to Praise.
- Step 3: Click on New Conversation then click on the ellipses (…)
- Step 4: Select Praise, then pick the Praise badge you want to share with that individual. There are currently 9 options. You do have the options of adding more than one name to the praise.
- Step 5: Type the name of whom you would like to Praise and then you can add a personalized note. It will then let you preview the message and allow you to send it or go back to make some edits.
How to send someone Praise through a chat in Microsoft Teams
People are happier and more productive when they get recognition for their efforts. Below you will learn how to send praise to your employees, colleagues, or students. You can deliver the praise through chat in Microsoft Teams, or for wider recognition, send it in a Microsoft Teams channel conversation.
- Below the space where you write a new message or reply, select Praise or choose Messaging extensions to find it.
2. Choose a badge.
3. Add the name of the people that you want to praise and an optional description.
4. Select Preview.
5. Once it’s ready to go, select Send.